Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I GIVE UP

I'm done trying to please people. I try to be nice, but whatever.

This reminds me of high school. If you have a problem w/ me, tell me to my face. Don't smile and be nice to me and make me think that everything's fine, then turn around and bitch about me to everyone. HOW IS THE PROBLEM SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED IF I DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT?!

URGH!!

You know what? I can't do everything, and I know other people have a lot of stuff going on, but so do I. So fuck niceness. I give up.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Heidi,

You know what...I give up with being nice too!!

Yes, you're right, everyone has a lot on their plates and we cannot possibly make everyone happy all the time. I know you are having a hard time emotionally right now and I meant what I said about thinking of you and your family. I've been there just recently too. It's hard when you're trying to be strong for that someone who is near and dear to your heart and you're still juggling all your other duties.

However...if you're referring to the house you used to live in.

Well, tell me... how would you feel if it actually belonged to you and you entrusted those who lived in it to help maintain it while they lived in it and told them that you would reimburse them for any work they put into while they lived there. But suddenly, you walk into the home and it does not look the way you left it when you moved out. Instead, it's in much worse condition.

So tell me... how would you feel, when you finally have enough leave saved up through work to come back home to spend quality time with your friends and family and find out that you can't. Instead, you're stuck working deligently the entire time you're supposed to be visiting with the family you love and miss! Tell me, how you would feel!! Oh yeah... so tell me, how you would feel when there is no remorse, no apologies, no eplanations expressed for the obvious.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I'm tired of trying to please everyone TOO!
Brandy

Unknown said...

Girls, girls, girls!!! It's not worth it, trust me. Been there done that.
No one is ever on the same page as some one else. Our past and our own expectations enter into the mix. What is clean to one isn't to the other. What needs to be done to one isn't the same to the other. And so it goes.
If I remember correctly, and I am frequently wrong, there was a couple of cats in the house before you purchased the house. Urine never dries. It forms crystals and stays sticky and eats wood. Things change. Five years ago is a long time. Things wear and tear and get dirty and need replacing. I don't think Luke and Tracy are ever on the same page. One at 14 has his own life planned out. The other is a dreamer. One is controlling and the other is "oh, what ever". And you expect them to understand each other??? In my life time. Get it together and think about what really is important here. Your family better well be on it.
Tina