Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Funday

OH WAIT....not so much. Actually, today has not been that bad, especially considering the past week. Crazy things were happened at the ol' hospital. Tuesday, there was a midget couple having "relations" in our waiting room. Wednesday, there was a cluster-fuck of an exam SO bad, I can't even explain it all in writing, but let's just say we all had dreams of murdering a certain doctor that day. Thursday, the heater decided to turn on full blast, AND we did seven cases before 5pm, (normally, we're lucky if we do four). So today was considerably nicer. Except for the cold leg in the ER scare. And I'm on call, so we probably would have been here 'til the wee hours of the morning.

(FYI, a cold leg means somebody has no blood flow to that leg, due to either a clot, or narrowing, or w/e. So that means we would go in and fix it. And usually that means about 2hr long cases, every 12hrs. Fun huh?)

As far as Mom is concerned. I think she is doing well considering. She had her 2nd round of chemo on the 4th, so now she only has 4 more to go. Almost all of her hair is gone now, and LUCKILY she hasn't had any nausea. However, her and I both have low blood pressure, so w/ everything she is going through, her bp is super low, and so when she gets out of bed after laying there for a while, she can't stand or walk for long at all. But luckily, that is the worst thing going on so far. We'll see how it goes.

I hope, (keep fingers crossed), that I get to work on the new house this weekend. Assuming I don't get called in, I will finally clean out the stuff in the garage, and do some other unpacking and what-not. I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE ANY MORE TRIPS TO THE HARDWARE STORE, DAMMIT. Poor Tracy has been working his butt off, but I've been so tired from the shit at work, errands, and helping Mom, that I have no more energy when I get home.

Well....poo....

In lighter news....ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!! KU WON THE NCAA NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!!!! I'm soooooo excited. Plus, Autumn, Rickey, the kids, and I all went to the players parade on Sunday. It was amazing to see a sea of red and blue down Mass & 19th St. ("Gee, I wonder what their school colors are?") It's also nice to see something like this bring people together, even if it's just to buy more crap. Hey, it's good for the economy. But seriously, I do like to see people "root for their boys", as they say, and come together for a common, friendly cause.....ok, cheese over.

Well, seeing as I have 25 minutes left of work, and 3 of my other colleagues have left, I think I'll sign off on this Friday Funday. Hopefully next week will be more of one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad your mom is doing okay Heidi. It is draining when trying to take care of family, work full time, and part time and work on two houses. Not enough time in the day for that.
Tina