So I'm here, writing again. Wanna fight about it?
Yeah....I didn't think so.
So while I've dabbled in the likes of Xanga, Facebook, and MySpace, I have decided to try here, (Mind you, I decided this BEFORE Shannon, but it does work out nicely). I like this so far b/c it's just writing and pics....nice and simple. (Also, this site isn't blocked from work yet, hooray!). Although, I do come across a small writing block now and then. Ya see, I normally have all of these creative ideas and thoughts flowing from the top of my head like hair from a model in a Pantene commercial. Problem is, they usually diplay themselves as crap when I try to put them in words. Example:
Thought:
The quadratic formula is x= -b +/- the square root of b^2 -4ac, all divided by 2a
Word form:
Cheeseburger
Anyway, I'll try again for your entertainment, so enjoy.
New things in my life:
Recently we have found out that my mother has a rare form of uterine cancer. The hysterectomy w/ bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy is Monday. They will also sample her lymph nodes at that time to see if anything has spread. Luckily, according to her CT scan, there is nothing in her other organs so far, so that is good news all around. We'll just have to see from there.
Am I scared? Of course! I mean, this is my MOTHER we're talking about. Until I was ten years old, it was just me and her. Then g-pa was there too, but he wasn't the one to come to all my school plays, take me to all my dance practices, buy me that perfect trumpet I had to have for band, and explain to me all the "wonderful" joys of womenhood. I love my mom very much, and as much as she's always been there for me, it's my turn to be there for her.
Wow....I have said that sentence WAY too much lately. (Nikki, I believe you know what I mean).
Strangely, I have now found myself making a lot of little peach support ribbons. I say strangely b/c it was exactly a year ago that I started making little green and orange support ribbons. I don't plan on selling the peach ones, just wearing them and giving them to anyone else who wants to wear one. I still plan on doing all of the LNT fundraising for Leukemia and Lymphoma. I have devoted too much time and energy to them and don't plan on stopping. Too many people are dealing w/ those cancers too and I don't feel like abandoning them. I will just be here to support my mother and others like her at the same time.
In other news, for those of you who don't know, we bought a house! We move in in late March. I can't wait, and I promise to post some pics up soon, (You know, when I'm not at work).
Those are the important things at this very moment, but I'm sure 2008 has a lot more to offer. Although, it's already dealt quite a bit out in January and February. A lot of drama goin' around, both good and bad. Dammit! I'm only 24 years old!
Ok....I'm done now, I swear.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sure ya did....
Very cool, Heidi. I ought to try blogspot, but I will stick with Xanga for now.
Post a Comment